39847 MULTI-PLASTIC REPAIR MATERIAL
Multi-Plastic Repair Material is a two-component epoxy for fast repairs on virtually all plastic bumper covers. Replaces Sem 39767 Problem Plastic Repair Material.
Warning: Last items in stock!
39847 MULTI-PLASTIC REPAIR MATERIAL is a two-component, epoxy-based adhesive for quick repairs, suitable for practically any plastic bumper.
Does not shrink
Does not create bubbles
It sands very well and does not lift the edges
Does not require adhesion promoter
Packaging: 39847 207ml cartridge
Working time: 7 minutes at 21ºC
Sanding time: 15 minutes at 21ºC
Drying time: 20 minutes at 21ºC
Total drying time: 60 minutes at 21ºC
Shelf life from date of manufacture 2 years
PUR, TPUR, RIM, ABS, PP, PPO, TPO and TPE
Handling and Application:
Front and rear area
1. Put some 38338 SCUFF & CLEAN on a gray abrasive pad and scrub the area to be repaired front and back. Rinse with plenty of water and pat dry.
2. Clean with 38373 SEM SOLVE. Apply according to instructions.
3. Back: Sand the damaged area, plus 5-8 cm of contour, with 24 or 40 grit sandpaper. It is important that the surface is very rough.
4. Front: Make an oblique cut on the edge of the damaged area with a number 24 sandpaper disc. Sand at low speeds as excess heat can seal the pores of the plastic making it difficult to adhere.
5. Front: Drill # 4 holes around the edge and always within the chamfered area.
6. Front and rear: Clean again with 38373 SEM SOLVE.
7. Front and back: Apply a light coat of adhesion promoter 39863 PLASTIC ADHESION PROMOTER. Allow 3-5 minutes to elapse and apply with a medium wet coat. Let dry another 10 minutes (never more than 30).
8. Behind: Reinforce the damaged area by placing the 70006 PLASTIC REPAIR REINFORCING TAPE reinforcing tape on the back.
39847: Place the cartridge in the gun part number 71119. Remove the cartridge cap by inserting a screwdriver into the slot and prying up. Before screwing in the mixing cannula, equalize the product output of the two cartridge tubes by dispensing a few centimeters onto a piece of paper until they both come out equally. Install mixing cannula and cut tip to desired size. Dispense a few centimeters of test to make sure the mixture is uniform in color. Avoid using it poorly mixed.
9. Back: Apply 39847 Repair and spread product firmly with putty knife. I wait 5 minutes for it to dry.
10. Front: Apply 39847 and spread product pressing firmly with the spatula to remove bubbles. Apply enough product so that it is higher than the surrounding surface for later leveling. After 20 minutes, the repair material will have dried and you can sand, first with 80 grit sandpaper and then with 180 grit Front: For small imperfections, apply a thin coat of 39847 PROBLEM PLASTIC REPAIR MATERIAL
11. Front: To fill scratches and prepare the surface for painting, apply Flexible Primer 420 () 3 HIGH-BUILD SURFACER PRIMER.
STORAGE: Store 39847 in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation away from heat sources, sparks, or flames. Expires after 2 years under normal storage conditions.
No customer reviews for the moment.